1.28.2012

Best Ever.



You know that scene in "Julie and Julia," when Julie has had a bad day and it cuts to her toasting bread in a butter-filled skillet while chopping up tomatoes? And then they eat it and love it.

Ever since I watched that scene, I have had an insatiable craving for Bruschetta. And I would always order it at restaurants, only to be less-than-satisfied. But then, the Pioneer Woman was an angel. And she posted a recipe for homemade Bruschetta on her website. And I died a little.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't photograph the process because it's really quite basic. You mix the tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and sauteed garlic together. Let the flavors mingle with each other for about an hour or two. Then toast your bread in a pan of butter (this is not the most health-conscious meal, but definitely the most taste-conscious). You pile the mixture on top and just devour it. I ate way too much and ended up getting a stomach ache afterward. But I regret nothing.

12 comments:

Molly said...

This looks delicious. Mmm, and now I'm thinking about adding goat cheese....mmmmm. <3

Marika said...

love bruschetta in Italy is a must!!!
visit my blog if u want on htpp://laviecestchic.blogspot.com!
kisses from Italy

Marx said...

Great post! That was interesting.I like your quality that you put into your post.Please do continue with more like this.

- Marx of web design

Elizabeth said...

I know what I'll be craving for dinner ...

Gina Gao said...

This is a really great blog. Food looks really great.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Marilyn R. Wilson said...

If you ever want an alternative to toasting in butter, try this. My younger brother is an amazing cook and served this once. We even ate the crumbs. So far every time I serve it I get the same result.

Cut slices of baguette about 1/2" thick and arrange on cookie sheet. Brush tops liberally with olive oil and broil until golden brown. From here you can serve as bread to accompany a meal or try topping with bruschetta. The olive oil might pair well with this.

Olio By Marilyn

Daniel Shae said...

Goodness, that looks yummy!
~Shae

Diane said...

Oh now I know what Im going to cook today. Your blog is terific.

Morgan Page said...

That bruschetta looks amazing! I'm definitely going to try it. :)

rsctt603 said...

looks yummy!

http://www.mysterymomcooks.blogspot.com

http://www.wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com

X813cupycake said...

Looks really good!

Julia said...

really nice blog!