10.10.2011

Red Bird Territory

As you know, the Phillies lost their place in the post-season on Friday. I was broken hearted. I don't mind the Cardinals at all. But while I live inside the Cardinals-fan boundaries, I just love the Phillies. I remember the first time I saw them play. Kismet, I tell ya.

But they're no longer in the running for the Pennant. And it hurts. But I had to suck it up, because I was going to St. Louis the next morning. Home of the victors. Luckily, I was able to focus on the goal at hand and I made it through alright. Besides, there's always next year.

Oh dear, I sound like a Red Sox fan.

That "goal at hand" involved an engagement session with my best friend and former roommate, Amelia and her fiance, Dallin. We went to Forest Park. The weather was perfect. The colors around us were breathtaking. All in all, it was a fabulous photo shoot, despite me losing an entire SD card at the park. Ouch.

I'll show you the two lovebirds when all the photos are finished. For now, check out a few location shots I snapped. If you haven't been to Forest Park, you must check it out next time you are in St. Louis! There are fountains and ponds galore, paddle-boating, a gigantic art museum, and it's in the perfect spot, so close to the city!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Duree Pamilya said...

We used to live right across the street from Forest Park when we lived in St. Louis... it was absolutely amazing. I love visiting the park when we go back :) Beautiful pictures as always!!!

Melina said...

These photos are absolutely breathtaking and make me miss living in a place that gets a real fall!

Also, as a Red Sox fan, I'm sorry for your loss... other fans shouldn't have to feel dejection like us! :)

xx Melina

Caty said...

Thank you, Melina! Sorry about that Red Sox reference. I have a lot of respect for you guys. At least I'm not a Yankees fan. ;)