9.26.2011

Pleasant Surprise

I did something last week that I never thought would happen. Ever.

I bought a jumpsuit/romper.

Yeah, like a body suit made out of the same material; top to bottom.

It isn't that I think they are ugly. I've always liked them on actresses/models who wear them. But they always tend to be stick straight (which is fine if that's your body type). And I am not stick straight. I have curves. I love my curves, but I am aware that certain looks only work on certain body types. And jumpers were never in my category.

Or so I thought.

Well, I tried one on at Forever 21. On a complete whim. It was for fun and amusement only.

But then I turned around in the mirror and couldn't believe how cute it was. With heels, it's even more fabulous. And with a buttoned-up cardigan, I feel like a classic, feminine lady from the 1950's or something.

Lesson learned: Never rule out a style until you put it on your body. Who knows what you'll love!

This is me being all "America's Next Top Model" with an iPod...
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sukie Joe said...

Such a beautiful dress, the design and the fabric combo. Makes me want to be a little girl again so I could wear this long sleeve lace mini dress . And twirl around with pride!