8.22.2011

Serenity Now!

I start school today. And we moved into a new apartment this past weekend. My kitchen is in disarray. There are piles of stuff everywhere. My bedroom dresser has yet to be completely assembled. And the library/office.... yikes. Right now, I am sitting in front of a computer, at a desk stuck in the middle of the room, surrounded my mounds of books and unorganized bookshelves. And the pile of crafting supplies behind me is scary. I refuse to turn around and look at it. I feel like Macaulay Culkin in "Home Alone," when he travels downstairs to the basement and the furnace suddenly looks and sounds like the devil. That is the essence of my crafting corner right now. Devilish.

You want to know what else is pretty wicked? Calling the U.S. Postal Service and hearing them tell me my new apartment doesn't exist, so mail cannot be forwarded at this time. I begged to differ. Our mail now has to be held at the local post office until we can figure out why the room I am sitting in right now isn't in the USPS records anywhere. Has this ever happened to anyone else out there?

But my point is that I may be lame at blogging this week. Because when my apartment looks super chaotic, I sort of feel super chaotic. I'm not even sure where to find my camera. Oh dear.

As for things that are keeping me on track and motivated right now...

Photobucket

1. Nutella. That's all I have to say about that one.
2. Wonderful house-warming gifts from wonderful friends. I love succulents.
3. Spending all morning in bed yesterday reading books and watching rented movies from iTunes (even if I did have a horrible sinus headache from all of the cleaning products,dust, and horrid heat).
4. Cub scouts projects (like wood burning).
5. & 6. Game nights with really fun people.

P.S. You get a gold star if you caught the Seinfeld reference!

2 comments:

hKuhl said...

1. totally got the seinfield reference. 2. you moved again? you poor thing! if i were near, i would gladly help you unpack. it's one of my favorite things!

Megan said...

I love your blog- particularly your photos. Your instagram pics are making me long for an iphone. Thanks for sharing!