8.31.2011

Life-Changing Baked Goods

A few days ago, I posted an Instagram photo of a specific a late night snack (#6). Ever since then, I have heard non-stop about bananas and Nutella. Everywhere! The Food Network Channel has been saturated with recipes requiring one or the other. Pioneer Woman posted a recipe for Bananas Foster today. My Twitter feed keeps popping up with talk of Nutella (from friends and celebrity chefs that I wish were intimate friends of mine).

And yesterday, possibly one of the best days of my life, Sara baked Banana Nutella muffins. I found two of them on my doorstep. I ate one of them (I had to leave one for Gabriel. But it was really hard.). And happiness was mine!

Every time I taste something so amazing, I fear that the recipe is a closely guarded family secret that I will never get my hands on. Luckily, this was not the case with the muffins. I am going to try them this weekend. And if they don't turn out as decadent as Sara's, I am going to cry a little and then bribe her into making me some more.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Just looking at these photos makes me crave that mellow, chocolatey, banana essence in the form of rich, moist bread. You have to try these.

No comments: