5.02.2011

Weekend Recap

Photobucket
Frisco Melt from Steak 'n Shake = Happiness

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lots and lots and lots of rain. It makes all the green SO pretty.

Photobucket
There's a Zooey in my car.

Photobucket
This is what he does when I point the camera at him.

Photobucket
And of course, a most historical event.

I know a lot of people, especially Americans who were too young to fully comprehend the attack in 2001 (I'm not hatin', I'm just sayin'), have less than joyful opinions about the death of Osama Bin Laden. And that is their right, for sure. But surely they must know it means so much more than the death of a man for closure or military follow-through. It means a barbaric terrorist can no longer threaten this world. It is not a cause for celebration; it is still the death of a human being. But I do feel like it was a necessary part of war.

I am so grateful for our troops and everyone who fights daily to protect us in this world!

So... how was your weekend?


3 comments:

Andrea said...

That picture of you is gorgeous! Love all of the photos. Love great weekends:)

pics-o-andrea

Alison said...

Caty, your hair is so long!!! And thanks for the heads-up on the announcement.

Alison said...

Announcement meaning, Obama's broadcast...I reread that and it sounded like maybe you were making an announcement. ;)