3.15.2011

Hodge Podge

Yesterday, I felt sleep deprived. When I laid down on our too-comfortable couch underneath my too-comfortable quilt, I told Gabriel, “If you want an actual meal for dinner tonight, you’ll have to thaw out some chicken.” (An actual meal consists of time, energy, and yummy ingredients. As opposed to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or simple cheesy pasta). He thawed out some chicken.

When I woke up from my nap, I looked through my cabinets and pantry to see what I had to work with. The dinner basics in my kitchen: chicken, ground beef, pasta, rice, fresh garlic, onions, butter, heavy cream, chicken broth, cream of golden mushroom soup, fresh parmesan cheese, some sort of yellow cheese, parsley, lemons, carrots. Those are my basics, those are the items I use the most. Those are the items I am always stocked up on. With those items, I have options. Should there be more vegetables? Yes. But ya know...

Last night, I used those items. Again. And this is what came to be…

Photobucket
Photobucket

Ingredients:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Fresh tomatoes
Black olives
White onion
Garlic
Butter
Chicken broth
Heavy cream
Salt and pepper
Rigatoni pasta

It was YUMMY.

P.S. If you ever plan on dieting or just eating healthier in general, don't do it while reading Eat Pray Love. You will not succeed.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Vegetables are expensive, and go bad pretty quickly if you don't use them. I generally have a couple things (usually carrots) and then just make a trip to the store for fresh veggies.

Your creation looks yummy! <3

Lily said...

I LOVE macaroni and I'm sure this is delicious! I might try it soon!

xoxo,
Lily

http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com/