2.17.2011

No comparison.

The new Britney Spears music video: Cool cameras, lighting, and set design. Not so cool everything else. Meh.

Yeah, I watched her new video. Because I remember the first time I ever saw Britney Spears sing or dance or do anything was on the Donnie and Marie Osmond show. I remember being a little teen girl and thinking her bubble gum pop music was fun to sing and dance to. Anyway, I saw the new video today and, really, all I can say is: Meh.

What happened to music videos having something to do with the songs being sung? And since when did all these label/brand products make it into the videos, turning them into huge advertisements for makeup, clothing, and electronics? Her set was huge. And the atmosphere was pretty neat. But the dancers, the hair extensions, the weird fight scene, the even weirder paint/white dress scene... it was all too over the top for me. And it really had nothing to do with the song.

To make up for that five minutes of mediocre entertainment, I watched Guys and Dolls and I have to tell you, it is one of my top five favorite movies. Marlon Brando has to be one of the best actors in show business. Ever.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Love, love, love that movie!