2.14.2011

Men are good.

Mom and I met at Wal-Mart today for some grocery shopping. We ended up sitting in her car for about an hour just chatting about everything. Eventually, we noticed how many men were going into the store alone and coming out with flowers or balloons. We started watching to see what each one would bring back to the parking lot with him. One man, who parked facing Mom's car, had bought a huge bouquet of red roses. Mom and I gave him a thumbs up when he glanced our way. The car that replaced his belonged to a stern-looking business man. He walked into the store, and a few minutes later came out with one plastic bag. We were kind of disappointed until I saw that the bag contained two pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Good man.

So, I have decided that one of the most fun things to do on Valentine's Day (besides spending it with someone you love dearly), is to sit in the parking lot of a grocery store and watch all of the men come and go with their gifts and presents. I wish I had brought my camera to capture some of those moments!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

2 comments:

Marigrace said...

Wasn't it fun?!

silverbluebird said...

I do this as well. People just seem to glow when they find something for someone else they know will make there loved one happy. It makes me happy as well.Props to them.

~