1.31.2011

Winter Storm Warning. And some pics.

Well, we are supposed to be hit by a major historic-sized blizzard tonight. They are predicting at least a foot of snow. If that does happen, I will cooped up indoors for the next couple of days. So be warned that my posts may not be the most adventurous this week. Maybe I will attempt to make a snowman...

Anyway, here are some shots from the past weekend.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
See that large, intense brick building in background? That is the most fascinating place in the Ozarks: the U.S. Medical Center for Federal Prisoners. I know "fascinating" may be a weird word for it, but I find it crazy interesting. John Gotti died there. Brian David Mitchell is serving out his life sentence there. And they built a park right next to it.
Let me tell you, it can get pretty freaky in that park at nighttime. Especially if you let your imagination get away from you. *shiver*

Photobucket
Photobucket

All in all, it was a gorgeous day spent downtown and strolling through the park. That amazing 70 degree weather was really strange and I guess we're going to be paying for it tonight! Wish us luck here in the Midwest!



7 comments:

Cassie and Paul Becker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie and Paul Becker said...

Great Photos! I am very interested in the Federal Prison. My Grandpa worked there (from 1969 - 1989) and he has a lot of interesting stories. He transferred there from the U.S. Penitentiary in Marion, IL(1963-1969). He said that he would talk to the Birdman of Alcatraz sometimes while he was working his shift. I love listening to his stories. They are so fascinating! :)

JMay said...

I love these pictures so much! Just beautiful :-)
The last couple ones reminds me of the Notebook!

Colin and Nickolas said...

wonderful =]

Andrea Grace said...

awesome pics and I'm so jealous of your weather!!

Alison said...

Those pictures are beautiful Caty!

Duree Pamilya said...

We live in the new apartments right behind the medical prison... it's not close to us per say, but a privacy fence some trees and an open space is all that separates us - it definitely makes me nervous!