1.15.2011

Bacon and Parmesan Pasta

I dedicate this recipe to my brother Morgan and his wife Alison. Because it is just really good.
But mostly because it involves bacon.

Photobucket
Get your ingredients together before beginning. This greatly reduces the chaos of cooking a meal.

Photobucket
Fry up the bacon to your liking and sprinkle some crushed red pepper on top.

Photobucket
Meanwhile, cook your pasta.

Photobucket
When the bacon is finished, put it aside and let it cool enough to handle.

Photobucket
Start your sauce now by combining the heavy cream and cream cheese.

Photobucket
After the cream cheese is melted, take it off the heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, two eggs, and some ground pepper.

Photobucket
Cut up the bacon into pieces and toss it into the pasta with the sauce.
Side note: Next time, I will be making twice as much sauce. The recipe calls for just enough to coat the pasta, but there wasn't enough to really taste.
And the leftovers hardly had any sauce, which will not do!

Photobucket
The finished product. Ohhhhhh so good!

Full recipe here.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Thank you for the dedication and it looks amazing. We'll be trying this out as soon as I can pick up some bacon.

Pam said...

I am so doing this! This is on the plan for next week. I am going to make some adjustments and give it a whirl in the crock pot. Thanks for the idea :-)

Lea Jones said...

Thank you for posting this dish, as it looks simply delicious! I have a similar recipe for my Chicken Carbonara. I WILL be trying this one, too! :)

Jeni Brown said...

Okay this looks amazing and I will be making it asap so how much of each ingredient does this call for like how much cream and how much cream cheese and parmeasan?

GenoCyDe said...

I'm determined to try and make this! You inspire me to want to cook well so that I can eat well.

Caty said...

Definitely, Jeni! Somewhere in all of my cooking posts, I have a link to the full, detailed recipe.
The one for this dish should be at the bottom.