11.12.2010

Post-Week Smiles

It was a great Friday. I woke up at the perfect time, not too early and not too late. My hair loved me today; it looked good, especially the bangs (and they are really all that matter). I drove into town for a long over-due massage. She made me feel like I was floating on a cloud where tension and stress don't exist. While driving from the spa, my dear husband called to tell me there was a radio station in Springfield that was finally playing Christmas music. It made my heart so happy to hear the familiar hymns and carols throughout the day.

Afterward, I met up with my brother and his wife to go shopping at a new Antique mall. They had a hunch that I would love the place and they were right. It was huge and it was filled with amazing vintage everything.

My nephew, Mr. Masen.
Spending time with this little boy could cure any ailment.
And he is seriously such a good shopping buddy.


This amazing robot reminded me
of my friend Staci and her cute little boy.


I am infatuated with honey dippers.
They are so whimsical that I just can't help myself
when I see one for sale.
The first two I found today at the Antique Mall.


To end my afternoon in town, I went to see the new movie Morning Glory. I didn't expect anything more than a fun, quirky movie, but I loved it. I found myself laughing so hard and then tearing up soon after. Rachel McAdams and Harrison Ford have very good on-screen chemistry (in a platonic way; they don't play romantic opposites).

When I got home, a package was waiting for me in the mail. It was a butterfly headband from Busy Bee Lauren. It is even more beautifully-cute in real life. I think I will be wearing it this weekend for sure. See below.

Glasses
Knit Beret
Butterfly Headband



I hope your Friday was wonderful. And if it wasn't, Saturday and Sunday are here to wipe away anything bad that this week had to bring into your life.
I love them for that.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh oh ohhhhh! I can't wait to see it on you!