11.18.2010

Ben Franklin Said it Best

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " -Ben Franklin

I am flying somewhere very soon. And I will write about it after the fact. But because I am flying somewhere very soon, I am going to force myself to stop reading articles on the new TSA security measures at airports. I am also going to force myself to stop looking up personal videos and stories from passengers who have had to experience them.

My family is big on personal rights, civil liberties, and standing up for such. So a big part of me is really bothered by these new rules. I feel it is obsessive and over the top.

Keep us safe, but respect our privacy. I hate to say it, because I love airports and traveling, but after this upcoming experience, I may not fly again until they change things in the right way.

But I am forcing myself to not think about this anymore. :)

4 comments:

Diana Smith said...

I agree! We flew last month and it was not the best experience! Good luck! i hope everything goes as planned!

Molly said...

I read this the other day, it's really interesting.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/744199---israelification-high-security-little-bother

jenna marie said...

Dear Caty, I love that I can come to your blog and in one sitting read about honey dippers, unique ideas for alternate Christmas trees {I need one too, my place is teeny} and finish it up by reading your views on the Smart case. Your blog is as diverse and cool as you are.

Sydney said...

Oh my gosh I know! I have been so outraged about this TSA thing. I don't want anyone oggling my goodies even if it is through a scanner. P.S. I just came across your blog and love it. Your newest follower :)

Sydney
www.itsallaboutalifestyle.blogspot.com