10.29.2010

What will you put inside your mind today?

Not to be a downer with this post, but I find it so sad and disturbing that movies like those in the Saw franchise even make money. When it comes to that level of violence and gore, it isn't about getting a high from fear anymore. It isn't a thriller or a simple classic horror film. It is about finding some form of entertainment in the midst of watching people suffer and die, and in ways that should never even have to enter the imagination.

Because, ultimately, it comes down to the question of: What is next? How far are we willing to go? If this is the entertainment people seek today, what will be in theaters on Halloween weekend in 20 years? Oh, how I pray for my future children...

I urge all of you to find a better way to freak yourselves out for the Halloween season this year. Please, let's keep this out of our lives and away from our sacred homes. It isn't healthy for your mind or your spirit. So, instead of going to the theaters this weekend, find a local Trunk o' Treat, a chili cook-off, or a haunted house or corn maze.

Protect yourself in every way possible this weekend and have a HAPPY Halloween!

4 comments:

TannHart said...

I agree! Of course, I watched Robin Hood last weekend and had a hard time with that haha.

Sara Zahn said...

I completely agree. When we watch movies like that or entertain our thoughts with such things, we are letting Satin into our hearts and homes. When we do what is right, we stand strong on the Lord's side, but when we let the world in, we choose Satan's side. I too am so very scared for my little ones...

Ginny said...

Never thought about that. Very true!

Brittlee said...

Agreed.