10.04.2010

Holiday Potpourri

My friend Brittany made this stove-top Potpourri a couple of years ago and I have been hooked ever since.

Slice up one orange, pretty-like.


Add one to two sliced apples.

The spices! During October/November, I use Pumpkin Pie Spice.
But after Thanksgiving, I like to use Apple Pie Spice to make it more Christmas-y.

So, combine one tablespoon each of cinnamon, pumkpin pie spice, and whole cloves.

Technically, it says you can just add each into the pan at a time.
But I like to combine it all in a bowl, stir, and then add it to the fruit.
Seems more organized... or something.


Fill the pan with enough water to cover the fruit.

And dump your spices on top.

Stir well (I like to "coat" the fruit with the spices) and simmer over low heat.
The best part (besides the intoxicating, amazing aroma that will fill your home)?
Before you leave the house or go to bed, turn off the heat and cover the pan. Next time you want to use the potpourri, just make sure there is enough water to cover everything and simmer so it doesn’t burn. It will last for quite a while!



1 comment:

Cassie and Paul Becker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.