9.15.2010

Waking Up is Hard To Do

I didn't want to wake up this morning.
When I opened my eyes, reluctantly, I looked at my cell phone and saw that it was already a bit later than I had planned on getting up. But laying there with the whole bed to myself (Gabriel had already left for classes), I was perfectly comfortable. The sheets were the perfect temperature and I reveled in the fact that no one outside of my bedroom walls expected me to be anywhere or do anything. I closed my eyes and decided to "think" about this for a minute. I do that when I don't want to admit that falling back asleep is really what I am doing. A half-hour passed by and I opened my eyes again. I had taken a power nap.
I finally got up and took a shower. When I looked outside, I saw dark blue and gray clouds in the sky. Happiness. Rainy days are my favorite, no matter where I am. It made me want to climb back into that perfectly tempered bed and "think" about things for a while longer. But instead, I decided to get dressed.
I chose my striped, slightly nautical t-shirt and easy-jeans. You know ladies, the jeans that may be just a little looser around your waist for comfort. The jeans that feel more like soft cotton than real denim because you have worn them so many times. I love my easy-jeans. The stripes have made me feel more awake (patterns do that for me) and I am even thinking about putting on some stud earrings.

The title of this post reminds me of a video that a co-worker shared with all of us at the office. Part of me wishes that doctors and nurses really do participate in musicals when no one is sick in the hospital...

4 comments:

Alison said...

That sounds like a perfect morning! Enjoy it while you can. Once kids come around there is no more lounging in bed. ;)

Caty said...

That is one of the thoughts that went through my mind this morning, Al!

"When I have children, I will miss these moments." Haha

Duree Pamilya said...

But when you do have kids, you just bring them into bed with you in the morning and snuggle... it's the BEST! :)

Marigrace said...

It seems like things are incomplete in the operating room unless we have music playing. We have one surgeon who will periodically stop his work, sing and dance around a bit before getting back to business!!! It's great to work in this kind of environment! Everyone has fun while being totally serious about the work.