9.09.2010

The Pioneer Woman is my Julia Child.

Have you ever seen the wonderful movie Julie & Julia? It's about a woman who decides to cook through Julia Child's cookbook, every single recipe.
Sometimes, I feel like I am the Pioneer Woman's "Julie."

Pasta and Shrimp with Tomato Cream Sauce (also known on her blog as Penne a la Betsy) is the dish I envisioned for tonight's dinner.
Here is how it went...

saute shrimp in olive oil and butter

cook it until it is pink and opaque, but no more!

set it aside and let it cool off

chop up two cloves of garlic and a small onion

heat up (fresh) butter and olive oil and throw in the garlic and onion; let it sizzle on low

take the cooked shrimp and pull off the tails

cut it up into bite size pieces and set it aside again

pour chicken broth into the garlic/onion/butter/oil and let it evaporate a little

pour in a can of tomato sauce and stir

next, pour in a cup of heavy cream and stir again

now for the herbs! parsley and basil

my first try at chiffonading

I think I did alright...

throw the shrimp into the mixture, followed by the chopped up herbs

Oh yeah, somewhere in there, cook the pasta! :) Toss it in with the sauce and mix.

yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum

the turnout was amazing; the pasta with the shrimp and with the sauce... perfection.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

I am drooooling!
THis is definitely not breakfast food, and yet I really think I could go for some

Caty said...

It was sooo good. And that sauce is really great on any kind of pasta or white meat. I have already made it again without the shrimp!

Marigrace said...

You are such a good cook! It looks great!