9.30.2010

Freedom Cut Short

Right now, I am not very happy. All week I have been thinking up creative ways to rearrange the furniture in our living room/dining area. And basically, every single idea I came up with revolved around the moving of the huge, ancient television to the other side of the room.

When I woke up this morning, I lounged around a little and had breakfast. I decided today was the day to rearrange. I started getting excited. I put on some She & Him for background music and started moving couches and bookcases while vacuuming. Halfway through, I made the discovery. It broke my heart. But first it just really irritated me. The only cable jack in our entire apartment is right where the television already is. Basically, the apartment is telling me that I can't do what I want to do; I must keep my TV right there in the way of my Feng shui cravings.

I'm waiting for Gabriel to come home so I can vent to him and tell him how ridiculous it is that I can't move our furniture where I want it. If only we could magically install a cable jack on the opposite wall. That would be lovely...

I'll let you know if I come up with any groundbreaking ideas for that two-ton television. This whole time, I have been set against buying a shiny flat screen that can hang on the wall when ours works perfectly fine. But today...

4 comments:

TannHart said...

That would be irritating! Of course our house has a "built in" place for our tv above the fireplace so I'm kind of in the same boat.

You know, you could just cancel the cable subscription and move the t.v. anywhere you wanted (if you have a digital t.v. or converter box that is)!

Caty said...

That is a good idea! I will definitely check into that.I am pretty sure we still have a converter box...

Sara Zahn said...

My house is the same way! It's pretty cramped and there is only ONE spot to put a couch... It's so annoying especially since rearranging the furniture is something I feel the need to do every 4 months. I agree with the idea to just have a converter box... We have digital receiving tv and netflix that our bluray put straight onto the tv, with that I don't miss cable a bit.

hKuhl said...

I had the same problem with our current apartment. I bought (for less than $20 I'm sure because I don't like to pay over $20 for anything) a WHITE really long cable cord and strategically tucked it along the side of the wall into the carpet so you couldn't see it. Now I don't know what your room looks like but it's a thought.

We also had to put the cord over a doorway and we just used little white nails and you can't tell...