8.31.2010

An Evening at Home

Yesterday was pretty rough on me, what with all the crazy news and everything. So, I deleted the news stories post and decided to focus on good things in life that make me smile. Things like hot cocoa in the summertime, quirky buttons, books, d.i.y. projects, cute hats, my beautiful camera, and opening up the windows when it is just about to rain.

Last night, Gabriel spent hours on homework in the corner of our living room. I think it was a preview to what the next year or two will hold for us. I missed him, but I appreciate how hard he is working toward his goals. I watched three episodes of Unwrapped on the Food Network Channel while he searched high and low for answers about scientific this and that. They talked about spicy candy, hot sauce, and barbecued dishes. It made me want to like spicy food. But I am a wimp when it comes to spicy food.

Then I logged onto the computer and looked through all the photos of the Emmy Awards best/worst dressed. Claire Danes might be the most beautiful woman ever. A few women looked horribly uncomfortable in their dresses, but there were some gorgeous ones that night!

I got bored pretty quickly after that. When 9 o’clock rolled around, my husband was still doing homework and the television had nothing to watch. I realized I didn’t have any lunch for work the next day, so I busted out some frozen chicken, fresh broccoli, and white rice. That’s right, I made an entire casserole after 9 pm. It turned out pretty amazing, too. I was sad to go to bed without having more than a bite (eating any more than that would have resulted in a restless night’s sleep with food in my stomach).

I woke up this morning from a dream that I was living in the time of John Adams. Have you ever watched the HBO mini-series on that man’s life? Spectacular. Gabriel is reading the book right now, so it’s been on my mind.

At 7:30 am, the clouds outside were threatening rain and thunder, but it hasn’t resulted in anything more than that- just a threat. Oh, please give me a good storm today!

1 comment:

Staci said...

wow preductive evening i must say. Claire Danes is my favorite and yes she was the best at the Emmy's. Have you seen "Temple Grandin" the movie she won the emmy for. MUST SEE sooo good.