8.26.2010

Reunion 2010

Last week, I attended a family reunion in Nebraska. It was perfect. Well, almost perfect. It would have been perfect if everyone in the family had been able to be there. But it was short notice, a long ways away for some, and life gets really busy. So, I am crossing my fingers for next year to be a huge turn-out.
The food was amazing, the company was incredible, and to see Gracie and Jack-Attack… I can’t explain how happy I was to be with them again.

A few things I remember most…

-Peace and quiet. We were at Lake McConaughy in Nebraska, which might be the quietest place on earth.
-Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. This movie is hilarious.
-Food. All of our meals and desserts were homemade. It is one of my favorite things about my family; we love to cook and bake!
- Mosquitoes. Oh, why did I stay outside experimenting with photos of the stars without bug spray? WHY?
- Maggie. I had met her before (when she was itty bitty), but now she has a little personality and she is such a doll!
- Elvis and Sinatra. Mom and Dad have satellite radio. Driving home, the car was filled with the King and Frank. I won’t complain.
- Photography. I took so many pictures. As did Morgan and Alison. But then again, what would you expect?
- Goodbye. It is always sad to leave family. And we all concluded that the reunion was way too short. But it is really nice to know that we will be doing this again next year.

No comments: