7.24.2010

Right now...

Right now, I am reading The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Laura Schlessinger. I love reading about ways to improve my marriage and my relationship with my husband, and I have heard amazing reviews from close friends about this book. At first, I thought the title sounded a little condescending. The book is anything but. Dr. Schlessinger talks to women about the absurd ideas we may have about men and how we feel they need to treat us like queens without us treating them like kings. Sorry, girls, it doesn't work that way! She talks about how empowering a good marriage is; that loving your husband and treating him with the best attention and care should be one of the most important things you do in life. So far, it's really good.

Right now, I am cleaning out my closet. I am biting the bullet and throwing everything that I don't wear into a bag to give away or throw away. There is a lot. It is amazing how much I hold on to that I don't even like or wear anymore. After seeing the cleaned out wardrobe, I feel liberated!

Right now, my book shelves are overflowing. I am obsessed with books. Our computer is sitting on a stack of books, both sides of our bed are surrounded by books, they are everywhere.
But I cannot wait to have an amazing (organized) library when Gabriel and I get a house, it will be one of our favorite places!

Right now, I am not liking the throw pillows on my couch. They are giraffe print, so it could be worse. But I want something more whimsical, vintage, or romantic. I need to find some good fabric...

Right now, I am eating lunch from The Sandwich Shoppe and watching Meet Me in St. Louis.


Happy Saturday!


4 comments:

Alison said...

Love that movie! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

sara brooke said...

we should be best friends. i love you and your blog.

The Price Report said...

Have you read Sacred Marriage? I've heard great things about it, and me and my hubs started reading it together last night! I love any book or sermon on the topic of marriage.

MNM: Mangum Family said...

An even better book is "Created to be His Helpmeet" by Debi Pearl It's great because, though written by a pastors wife from another religious sect, she talks a lot about the role of God in a marriage and fulfilling the role we as women were created for, to be helpmeets for our husbands. I've read both, and while Dr. Laura's book is great in it's own right, it's missing the essential dynamic of God and what a marriage is in a religious sense. I highly recommend it. Dr. Laura's book was good, but Debi Pearl's changed my marriage!