7.19.2010

A Lovely Note

Aunt Kathy wrote this to me today:

I was remembering about visiting your house... and one of my first memories of you is when your Dad asked me to go get the eggs out of the chicken coop for breakfast. (City girl here.. they don't come in a container?) And so I went out there dreading the experience... and I reluctantly reached in .. and she looked at me with her protective eyes, and started pecking me over and over. And unbeknownst to me, you were following me, silently walking across the dry leaves. You had a sweet tender smile on your face yet didn't say anything. You gently reached up and I watched in awe as the hen let you take all the eggs. Then as I breathed a sigh of gratitude, we turned around and walked back to the house together side by side. I was so impressed with your quiet dignity and helpfullness. Love you LOTS! I hope you are having a good day.


It made my day! I love hearing about what I was like as a little girl. :)

2 comments:

rebekka said...

That is really, really sweet. I would love to receive a letter like that :)

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

How wonderful, what a great letter to receive!

Happy weekend!