5.14.2010

Dress

I got my dress in the mail yesterday (way to be speedy, Anthro!).
At first, I wasn't so sure. I have to admit that when I put it on, it didn't look bad at all, but something was off. Gabriel reassured me that he loved it and thought I should wait before making a decision to return it (thank you, husband!).
After a few hours of letting it hang on my door and glancing at it between activities, I decided to put it in the dryer to de-wrinkle the thing; it was packaged up pretty tightly. De-wrinkling complete, I put it on again and liked it more, much more. I went into my deep, dark closet full of wondrous things (ha!) and brought out a few jackets to play with. I put the first one on (a gray blazer) and fell. in. love. Then, with a belt this time, I put the second on (a jean jacket) and fell. in. love. again.
The jacket/belt thing really pulls this dress together. Instantly, I remember why I bought it in the first place.


I'm wearing the dress today for the magnificent date night Gabriel and I have planned; so photos will probably be taken and posted with full report. We are going to see a show in Branson (courtesy of Kayliann, thanks babe!), then we'll be eating wonderful food and seeing Iron Man 2.
So excited!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Can't wait for the pictures.

Molly said...

Glad you like it! Where's my pictures at, woman? ;)

Caty said...

I know! I need to blog tonight about the entire weekend. It was packed. You'll have updates by tomorrow! :)