5.06.2010

Cubs

This month's theme for cub scouts is "In the Spotlight" and the boys are going to be focusing on developing talents and performing in front of others. I had planned to make a couple of instruments out of basic paper cups, string, etc. I was slightly worried that some of the boys would cringe at the theme (some are a little shy of getting in front of people). I was pleasantly surprised, though, when I suggested we play some Charades. They jumped up and starting writing down ideas, and then performing them perfectly for each other.
From "washing a dog" to "lunatic," the game was a hit. We decided to put on a talent show at the end of May. I cannot wait, to say the least. They are full to the brim with ideas on skits to put on, talents to show off, and so much more.
I have the most creative little cubs!

Gabriel is so-so-so good with the boys! R (one of his Webelos) really looks up to him and he is such a good example!

[Interesting fact: "Webelos" means "We Be Loyal Scouts"]



1 comment:

Tasha Early said...

[the following is a completely unrelated comment]

Caty! So sorry about yesterday. LaDawn came to hang out and pick me up at about 12. It was really hot and I felt bad that she just had to sit there with me, so I packed up at about 1. I didn't even think of calling you to let you know I wouldn't be there. Sorry again!