4.27.2010

Venting/Pleading

There are so many misconceptions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormons). It breaks my heart that there are so many people who will base their opinions on hearsay and biased, unofficial media. There are so many negative, tasteless, and downright false sources of information about the sacred things we believe in that it is crucial to go to the proper places/people to find the answers to any questions you may have.
If you wish to know more about what the Church is really all about,
visit the official website here. And if you have met former members who are vehemently disgruntled toward the Church in any way, please remember that there are millions who feel the opposite, and I am one of them.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I'm not, ahem, Catholic anymore, but I remember that pain well from, oh growing up in Pleasant Hope. My sympathies. Don't let it get you down! Loves.

http://xkcd.com/386/

Caty said...

Thank you; I love you, Molls!

Duree Pamilya said...

I hear ya! I have so many relatives come up to me and say "Guess what I hear about your church the other day...". I LOVE our church. I love our beliefs, our way of life, and I love having a testimony. It's so hard some days, but I know what it's like to not have the church and I don't want to have to be in that place again. Just hold your chin up (but not your nose, lol) and keep being your cheerful self :)

My grandma used to say that nose thing all the time, lol