3.28.2010

Fish

Yesterday, Mom came into town to buy some goldfish. I have been wanting goldfish for months, so I was really excited when she asked if I wanted to go with her to buy some. While picking out which fish she wanted, I decided to wait on getting some for me. I would go with my friend, Brittlee later that night, after talking to Gabriel about it. :)

She got some adorable ones: two gold fish and one calico fantail. She is excited to see Masen and Jayce's reactions to the new additions.


When Brittlee arrived, we set off to buy a fish bowl, some accessories and the fish. In the process, she made an amazing impulse decision and bought some for her little apartment, too (however, I am sad to announce that one of hers passed away over night).

My two gold fantails (Tom Bombadil and Jane Doe) are doing well. They are loving their new home, but I need to add some plants to their bowl; something to spruce it up. And yes, we named one of them after a character in Lord of the Rings.
Because we are cool like that.

On a side note... I'm not sure how long I expect my fish to last. Every thing I have read says to not put them in a bowl. Hmm...


4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Fresh water Mrs. Caty...fresh water. Keep them with fresh water and they will do fine. The poor little things just run out of air when the water isn't moving. ;) GOod luck...your pictures aren't working by the way...:)

Hannah said...

It took me until the picture to figure out that you WEREN'T talking about goldfish the cheese cracker... yeah....

MNM: Mangum Family said...

This may be a stupid question, but how do you get your other blog linked to your tab? I'm trying to add tabs to mine that link to my other sites, but I can't figure out how to get it linked directly. Any hints?

Caty said...

Definitely not a stupid question! It has taken me a long time to get the blog where it is right now. For the tabs up top, that is an issue with the original HTML code. I wish I knew how to explain it best... It was a long process. Most of this stuff I just Googled. Like "How to write HTML" or "Codes for Blogger" And I just had to study it. There was definitely a LOT of trial and error.