2.22.2010

Cherry Cookies

I first made these out in Salt Lake City last year. Gabriel and I were desperate for some sort of cookie and our ingredients were limited. I found a simple recipe for "Ice Box Cookies" and we ended up loving them. With some of the extra dough (it made a lot!), I decided to add maraschino cherries. I am a fan of those guys. I made these last night, for the second time. I don't know what took me so long!


Cut up about 1/2 cup of drained maraschino cherries to add to the cookie dough.


I wish I had added another 1/3 cup or so. I like my cookies packed.


Roll the dough into a log and cut in half. Roll it in wax paper (I put aluminum foil around it as well, for some reason...) and put it in the refrigerator for about 6 hours, or overnight.


Cut little slices and bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees.
I think the cut dough looks really pretty with the cherries in it.


Ta-da! Cherry cookies. And if you want to add a little something more...


I put chocolate chips on top of the dough halfway through baking to make 'chocolate-covered cherry' cookies.


1 comment:

Marigrace said...

Yum!!!!! But, where is the recipe for "Ice Box Cookies"??? I would love to make them! I love you SO much! I am sorry we couldn't spend time together on Monday :(