1.25.2010

Wolfman.

That is who I feel like right now: the Wolfman. Have you ladies ever decided to give your eyebrows a rest and let them grow for a month or two without any pulling or plucking? It lets you start with a fresh palette. Though, sadly, if you have over-plucked for years they probably won't fill back in completely. I am growing mine out right now. I have been dissatisfied with them for a while and I need to be patient while they take their sweet time. I know it will be worth it.

I don't wax my eyebrows. Every time I have gone to get them waxed, the person has taken way too much off and it looks like they are drawn onto my face (save Jeni Brown, who did a great job). I usually don't find super thin brows attractive. Of course, it depends on the face they are on. I can think of some gorgeous friends whose thin, "petite" eyebrows fit them perfectly.

So, call me crazy, but I am into thick, maintained, healthy looking brows. I think they frame a face magnificently. In fact, I would go so far as to say that eyebrows are probably the first thing I notice when I see a girl. Here are some that I envy!


After I am done with the growing out process, I plan on purchasing an eyebrow kit from the likes of Sephora. They usually include brushes, tweezers, scissors, fill-powder and/or pencils, and different cutouts that you can use as guides when shaping your own brows. Until then, please excuse the chaos above my eyes; there is a reason for the unruliness.


6 comments:

Tasha T said...

I hate my eyebrows. Really. They're awful. They aren't dark enough and they are way too thin (as in not enough hairs). Too bad. I wish I had more brow to work with...

good luck!

ourbanksaccount said...

I laugh everytime I read your blog. I just went through the "grow out" stage as well. Good Luck!

TannHart said...

I'm obsessed with eyebrows too! unfortunately mine are thin as well. In fact my left eyebrow has a "bald" spot where no hair grows at all. I hate it, but it makes me laugh because to cover it up I try to do a little "comb over."

Good luck with yours! I would say I'll try not to notice...but I'm sure it will be the first thing I look at now that you brought it up :)

Caty said...

It's alright Terriann, at least now when you notice, you will know there is a reason for why they look so unkempt!

I don't have as much to work with as I would like either... We'll see how far I get; it isn't looking too promising.

Sunshine said...

That is so funny that you posted this! Audry just announced the other day that she needs to get hers "fixed". Good Luck!

Kathryn Vaggalis said...

Jennifer Connelley has literally made an entire career out of her lovely brows. I LOVE that the thicker brows are back in style. It gives us ethnic girls a little something to be happy for, lol.