3.18.2009

Choices are Hard

During my lunch hour at work, I decided to stop by Ben's Cookies for a treat. I love Ben's Cookies. I adore Ben's Cookies. When I walked in, the "Warm Cookies" sign was lit (heavenly sight), so I decided to get two cookies: one milk chocolate chunk and one dark chocolate chunk. I got back to work, sat in the back room, and started on my dessert.
I have a weird routine when I eat food. Ever since I was a little girl with Lucky Charms in front of me, I have always saved the best for last (eating the actual cereal and saving the marshmallows). I took a couple of bites out of the first cookie, and then the second. Both were amazing. But this meant I was faced with a dilemma: which one do I eat first and which one do I save for last?! I had to know, it's slightly compulsive. I already knew I would eat the outsides of the cookie first, saving the soft, chewy middle for the finale. But I had two really good chewy choices. Oi.
After contemplating for a few minutes, I concluded that I should save the dark chocolate chunk cookie for last. The only evidence to back up this decision is that dark chocolate is supposedly healthier than milk chocolate. I don't regret my decision. I only regret not buying three cookies.

4 comments:

Emmalita. EEF. Em-uh. Em&m. Em. said...

Caty, you inspired me to go get Ben's cookies today. OH MY GOSH. You captured the essence of Ben's perfectly in this post.

I heart double chocolate and nut.

The Toland's said...

hahahah you and your sweet! You should of married Eric!

JMR said...

I think I'll go over to Ben's after work today and get warm cookies. Yuuum. thnx for the idea! Tho really, oreos are still my cookie of choice.

Maureen said...

You are making me hungry!