12.01.2008

- Silver Bells -

Christmastime is my favorite part of the year. I love everything about it. I love that even though the holidays are most peoples' favorite time of the year, it's not looked upon as generic or boring, because it's obvious that you should love this part of life. I love the bell ringers for the Salvation Army outside every store. I love the Christmas lights on scattered houses and city light posts. I love the holiday music they play overhead as you shop at the mall. I love the colors (everyone looks good in red). I am so pleased at how festive and happy Salt Lake City is during Christmastime. I love the plethora of colored lights in Temple Square, the nativity scenes set up around the Temple grounds, the white and blue-lit snow flake decorations covering the construction sites. I love the focus of Jesus Christ's birth and the magic of Santa Claus.
The one month of the year we, as humans, find ourselves all but helpless to look at life through rose-colored glasses.

Some of my commercial Christmas favorites:

- Christmas movies (Miracle on 34th Street, The Holiday, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)
- Christmas candy (Mom's homemade candy, Butterfinger Bells and Cadbury Solid Milk Chocolates)
- Houses with amazing Christmas lightage
- The smells of pine and cinnamon (I'm a "real tree" kind of girl)
- TV in the evenings (Holiday cartoons like Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer, The Grinch, and Charlie Brown)
- Christmas cards in the mail
- Stocking stuffers

No comments: