12.11.2008

LDSBC: Part 1

The semester is officially over, and I have to say it was my favorite in my college career. I loved my classes, especially my institute classes with the amazing Brother Hardy! Even though I never became close with any of my classmates, we were all still friends in that classmate sense. There was a certain unsaid camaraderie when we entered the room and sat down, and that feeling showed up every Tuesday and Thursday without fail.

I am sad (for the first time in college) to be ending this Fall of 2008 quarter, but I look forward to my next set of classes in January. I am curious as to how the spring semester will turn out. Based on past experiences, I enjoy school much more in the autumn season (I think it involves the colors, the weather, and the feel of those time-of-the-year holidays).

With every hardship I have gone through out here in Utah, I honestly believe that going to school here is what I am supposed to be doing. I still marvel at how much of a difference prayer makes in the classroom. It helps my mind take in what it needs to and it helps my heart connect with what it has heard. As of now, I can not imagine going to a school that disconnects the Gospel of Jesus Christ from secular knowledge. The two compliment each other so well that one should think it absurd to separate them.

3 comments:

The Toland's said...

The Biz ROCKS!! I miss that place! (and YES, you need to send me pic.s of the good ol days!

Caty said...

I will. If not just for fun, then in exchange for the WONDERFUL Josh Groban Blog link I found on your site! :)

Remember the good ol' days of falling asleep to his voice at your house? Haha!

Staci said...

awe i felt the same way...i loved that college although i think you would of enjoyed it even more if it were still in the mansion :(. im sure its still small and personable so it sounds. miss you