11.05.2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...

The Good News: Propostion 8 and others with the same guidelines of banning same-sex marriage were passed. The most popular being California, where thousands of those marriages have taken place. Words can't express how relieved I feel and how divinely protected I believe our country has been this week. There is so much more to marriage than just a licence, marriage rights, and an "I do." There are (or should be) covenants involved, eternal relationships made, and children who are to be sent to a loving father and mother on this earth. I'm happy to see that the majority of people have similar feelings.


The Bad News: Okay, so I don't want to call this bad news. I'll call it "Personally Disappointing News." Barrack Obama was elected President of the United States. While he reminds me too much of those "eloquent orators" we are warned of in the scriptures and I disagree with many of his ideas, I still respect him and support him as President, because he holds the title and the people voted for him. He is my President now and even though I will be praying for our country and its leadership often, I would have done the same if anyone else had won.


The Ugly News: I might be slightly insomniatic right now. Random news? Perhaps. But the last three nights, I haven't fallen asleep until 4 am or so. And lately, that's not out of the ordinary. I'm not super tired until then. I have this routine, too. I thought that would help. I stretch and use that to relax, sort of meditate for a little bit. Then, I read some scriptures. Then I play a little Sudoku. Lastly, I read a regular book for a chapter or two. All the while, I have water by my bed and complete quiet surrounding me. Ya know, when you start the normal routine, your brain and body are supposed to recognize it, "Oh, she's stretching now, time to wind down and get ready for sleep!" I might get tired in the process, but once I turn the light out and close my eyes, it's hopeless. I lay there without slumber. I hate my sleep schedule. It's my jail cell.

7 comments:

TannHart said...

oh...that is ugly news. I hope you find a way to get it worked out. Not being able to sleep is horrible :(

senanddavid said...

I really like how you put the "Bad News". David has been talking non stop about those scriptures. Looks like I will be homeschooling my kids.

The Toland's said...

YES, yes, and well, look on the bright side you can't use "I'm too tired for sex" before bed haha...lucky husband!...but no for real...I am sorry!

Caty said...

Sen, sad to say I've thought about that, too. But I'm curious as to see how it goes...

Stephanie, I love ya. :)

Marigrace said...

Hey Honey...
Love your notes; you know I love reading things you write. Warm some milk and add the old cure all - CHOCOLATE; drink it up! Love you!!!
MOM

Danielle & Josh said...

Hey Caty! I'm finally getting back in the groove of blogging again! I miss your stinkin guts! When are you and Gabe coming back to town?

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

What a great blog you have here! Thanks for sharing :)